Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I have a very desperate prayer request. It is a situation that I just have to completely surrender to God and not rely on my own understanding because I frankly do not understand. That in itself is very hard for me. I tend to be a "fixer" and I cannot fix this. My ex-husband, Tom, is an alcoholic. He is in a downward spiral that seemingly has no end. I want to ask prayer for his family who are hurting right now and do not know what to do. I want to pray for God to reach down and shake him out of his drunken stuper, because I truly believe he can. Tom lives to drink and is now drunk most of the time. It is heartbreaking to watch someones life completely disintergrate before your eyes. He has lost his wife, his son, his job, his house, his friends and much more due to this illness. He is rarely coherent enough to form complete sentences, much less communicate. He has attempted suicide twice in the last 6 weeks, and was arrested both times on protective orders. He was committed to a mental insitution one of those times. And through all of this Tom stands steadfast in the claim that he does not have a drinking problem. Deep inside of him is a good decent man, but he is very very sick. I would also like for you all to pray for me as well. By the grace of God I have all rights and sole custody of Tyler. Pray that God fortifies me with strength, energy and patience to be the best mom I can and that He will stand in the gap in all the areas in which I fall short. Since all contact between Tom and Tyler is at my sole discretion please pray that God gives me wisdom and compassion when, if I am honest, what I really feel is anger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lacie your courage amazes me and I will keep you, Tyler and especially Tom in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do or if you just want to talk. Love you!
I love you and am always amazed by you. I will keep you, Tyler and Tom in my prayers.
I am always praying for you and Tyler! I wil add Tom to the list. You are doing so great! I had a blast running the 5k with you this morning and am looking forward to the Triathlon.
YOu are in my prayers!!!!
Hey Lacie! I ran into you a few months ago with Noelle in The Woodlands. This is Bonnie (Liles) Young and I went to ACU. (You may not remember me!) I, too, was married to an addict. I can definitely empathize with your emotions. I live in the area and I want to give you my email address if you ever have any questions or if you just want to vent!
bcliles13@yahoo.com
Post a Comment