Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Still working on me...

I am very blessed to work in an environment that is very christian oriented. It has been a saving grace. I have a friend at work that has one of those word statue things on the shelf above her desk that says "Faith". Mike asked her what that word meant to her and she said that she could not put it into words. I started thinking about what faith meant to me. So here is my attempt to try to put it into words. I have just recently become a big fan of faith.
Faith to me is...
Believing and holding firm to that belief when it would be easier to be angry, hurt, disenchanted ect. It is giving yourself over completely to God inspite of the hurt and anger. It is trusting in God and relying on him in such a way that you cannot explain without sounding just a little crazy. It is knowing you will never fully understand, grasp or be able to wrap your brain around all that God is, and believing anyway. Because you just know to the depths of your soul that there is a God and he is alive.

I live a life, inspite of my past mistakes, that is so blessed and the blessing just keep coming. When I don't think it can get any better... It does!! I sometimes wonder if I am just in a honeymoon phase with God. Like we are treating eachother really well right now because we are in this puppylove stage thing. But when I really started thinking about it, I have experienced heartache and disappointments just like always. It is just that somehow now the hurts don't hurt so bad, I love myself enough to no longer do things that hurt me, and I have a certain peace in my heart that comes from "faith."

No comments: